. White spot disease
- Your fish has caught a parasite that lives deep under its skin. Speed is of the essence because white spot disease can quickly become deadly and parasites can multiply quickly to infect other fish.
- The fish suffers from breathing difficulties, you can observe it coming to the surface with an open mouth. Whitish spots of a few millimeters appear all over his body. It mainly affects neglected freshwater fish. Being contagious, it is necessary to think of isolating the infected fish. If you can, you should increase the water temperature. You need to clean every corner of your aquarium and change the water.
. Fin rot disease
- A whitish line appears on the fins of your fish due to a poor ecological balance in the aquarium. You should quickly review and improve your aquarium settings. Often this is due to a high level of nitrites. You must place your fish in quarantine in another aquarium. An antiseptic solution can optionally be dissolved. However, you must act quickly. The fins of your fish will gradually fray and break.
. Fish fungus
- The infection is caused by fungi that appear as a result of injuries, too cold water or a fight. Symptoms are visible: a whitish layer that disappears when it comes out of the water, loss of appetite and listlessness. If your fish is affected, it will seek to isolate itself alone in a dark corner of your aquarium.
- To treat it, change the water in your aquarium and increase its temperature. To disinfect yeast infections, swim your fish for a good half an hour in slightly saline water or potassium permanganate and ask for a product against fungal attacks in the aquarium.
. Vitamin deficiency
- This disease is clearly linked to an inadequate diet. Your fish is losing weight and starting to lose its color. If you do not treat him quickly, he can suffer from respiratory problems, have holes in his fins and his spine can deform radically. Your fish will lose the taste for swimming and will not move. It just floats.
- To treat it, you will have to immediately change its diet and provide it with vitamins.
. Fish hypersensitivity
- This infection is often caused by bacteria, but scientists are very undecided on the issue. The belly of your fish begins to swell, tearing off its scales, there is a protuberance in its eyes, it loses control of its movements and it is listless. The life of your fish will depend on your speed. You should quickly treat your fish with nifurpirinol. You can salt your aquarium to keep your fish hydrated.
- You must therefore remain attentive to the slightest physical or behavioral change in your fish. To avoid the development of these diseases in your aquarium, you should regularly clean it, check the parameters and adapt them if necessary, check the water temperature and choose a diet suitable for your fish.
How long can a betta fish live without food