How Do I Set Up An Aquarium?
December 5, 2019
How to equip an aquarium for a leisurely fish?
#:How to equip an aquarium for a leisurely fish?
- Life in the house is very good, especially for children. It develops a sense of responsibility for our smaller brothers, disciplines, and makes us look after those who are weaker and can not survive without help.
- If you are only interested in pets and are interested in aquarium fish, it is worth knowing that this is not so easy.
- A home aquarium, small as it may be, is a complex ecosystem that operates on its own terms and requires its strict adherence. Injury or failure to comply with the smallest factors can lead to the deterioration and ultimately death of pets.
- In order to properly equip a pond and to breed beautiful fish, you must learn all the nuances and above all decide whether you need it or not. Having taken responsibility for our younger brothers, BEST FISH TANKS no longer have the right to put them to death. Especially when children witness such behavior.
. Aquarium plant:
- The aquarium in its classic form is a pleasant mix of fish and plants. It is the last and offers a microclimate in a glass pond. Think about what exactly the plants need for life in captivity:
- Correct lighting;
- Carbon dioxide or bicarbonate (for plants that need it);
- Dissolved in water or contained in aquarium soil mineral salts.
- They create ideal or nearby conditions for vegetation and in your pond. They bring them closer to the natural conditions considered to be the most pleasant for the fish.
- How do you equip an aquarium so that the lighting is as close to sunlight as possible? As it turns out in reality, it is not so easy. Because the spectral reproduction of solar radiation is almost impossible. It is only possible to get as close to the ideal indicators as possible by using special lamps or a combination of them.
- Today, pet shops have special lighting fixtures for aquariums, which are intended for the cultivation of aquarium plants. Their main disadvantage is considerable costs.
- For those who can not afford this luxury, you must be patient and make a combination of lighting lamps.
- In order to provide the aquarium with adequate lighting, fluorescent lamps with maximum red and blue radiation are often used. They bring your light output into the solar spectrum. The amount must be calculated experimentally.
- In addition, awnings have a drawback that can complicate the installation of additional lighting equipment a little – these are just two places that are provided in the aquarium cover. A lamp needs at least twice. To install them, buy additional equipment – removable feed and ballasts. Lamps that you can place next to the pond and the device – in a box under the aquarium.
.And here are the three golden rules for normal lighting:
- Artificial lighting lamps should be changed at least once a year. Even if your eyes seem to have lost their brightness, change it anyway. Luminous fluorescent lamps and so much weaker than the sun. And for those who have served for a long time – even less. And keep the surface clean. Dust and water spray break the light and make it weaker.
- The number of onions is calculated with one cubic meter. Hydropower lighting device should be up to 1W.
- High aquariums (over 55 cm) are difficult to illuminate to the ground. In them aquarium plants grow poorly and bring no aesthetic and practical advantages
- To properly equip the aquarium so that the plants not only receive the necessary lighting, but also grow – a simple component – carbon dioxide – reacts.
- What is the same for the same photosynthesis, which is impossible not only without good daylight, but also without this gas.
- Everything is very simple in nature. Plants extract carbon dioxide from the surrounding water, unlike in a domestic pond. And if it’s not enough, they either stop growing or throw away floating leaves that absorb the vital gas from the atmospheric air. With the aquarium the more difficult.
- If your plants do not grow as promised at the pet store, add carbon dioxide to the water. A miracle will happen and your plants will grow and develop. And with them, the fish become livelier and more beautiful. Because in addition to oxygen, the mineral component of the water is produced, which is very important for the normal functioning of the ecosystem of your aquarium.
- There are also facilities that can extract carbon dioxide from hydrocarbons. However, the presence of such plants is very ambiguous. After all, they tolerate a much higher pH that more sensitive plants that do not know how to break down bicarbonate can not survive.
- In this case, the main indicator will be the ability to determine the pH and adapt it to your body of water.
- What to do if the carbon dioxide level drops or is insufficient for the vital activity of plants and fish? There are several ways to adjust these indicators.
- Especially for aquariums developed tablets. They are designed for a certain amount of water, ask the zoo dealer.
- Sophisticated electrical devices that measure deliver carbon dioxide into the water. The disadvantage is the high cost and complexity of the installation.
- Simple devices, the so-called “generator”, but the gas in the water in sufficient quantities but not dosed.
- Not easy at first glance, but with the great desire to be solved.
- The amount of macro and microelements depends on the appearance, growth and emergence of aquarium plants as well as wild plants in natural waters. However, if in wild nature, especially in streams and rivers, the mineral composition of the flora is very good, things are a little different in a closed reservoir, an aquarium.
- Without a sufficient amount of mineral salts, the plants grow normally within 8 to 10 days after planting in the soil. And the addition of artificial fertilizers and minerals is not always an advantage. After all, it is difficult to determine what exactly the vegetation needs. And the manufacturers often do not specify the composition of their “miracle potions”.
- The situation will correct the change or partial change of water in the home pond. The water should be changed at least once a week. Change the fluid completely, should be at least once a month, depending on the volume of the aquarium.
- And of course, fish waste plays an important role in the condition of plants. Properly selected inhabitants of the aquarium take care of each other.
- Actually, these inhabitants become the main commodity and the decoration of the local glass-pot. It is necessary to make their life in captivity as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
- To do this, you must follow many rules and use additional equipment for cleaning, filtering and aerating water. However, this is an issue for a separate article, because there is so much information and it has to be digested before you decide whether to admire the wonderful spectacle of the graceful voile tails or make wishes with the goldfish.
.How do I set up an aquarium?.
- The aquarium is not only important as part of the interior, but also as a habitat for fish. Therefore, the question of how to equip an aquarium is very relevant and important. It must be remembered that the aquarium is a rather complex ecosystem.
.How do I set up an aquarium?.
- To create a cozy home for the underwater world, you need to know the basic rules. The classic aquarium is a habitat for fish and indoor plants. The most important vital signs to consider are: lighting, temperature, ventilation. When you think about how to equip an aquarium? Cichlid It is necessary to consider the presence of massive decorations: hooks, stones, caves, corridors. They should be mostly dark. These arrangements must be distributed so that the fish have a place to swim.
- Guppy are one of the most common fish. The question of how to equip an aquarium for this species worries all new aquarists. Every aquarium from 10 liters with algae is perfect for you. They are unpretentious and can do without accessories for aquariums.
- Another common question is how to equip turtle aquarium . This depends on the size of the turtle (for a species up to 10 cm, a 40 l aquarium is suitable). Depending on the type, it pays to buy a filter, a lamp and additional locks to buy stones that the turtle can climb on.
- A round aquarium has a small area, so it is important to know how to equip such a house for fish. A special compressor is required. The lamp has to be placed on it. There are several options for decorating aquariums that can turn them into a fascinating and original underwater world.
.How do I make the best house for the Achatina snail?.
- After you have bought or received a pet like the Achatina snail, you should immediately prepare an aquarium or terrarium in which to live. It is advisable to make a house with your own hands before buying a snail. How do you prepare a simple terrarium for such a large mollusc so that it feels good?
- To keep the snails indoors, you need a plastic box or aquarium to restore the animal’s habitat. Glass containers (aquarium or terrarium for reptiles) are perfect. The optimal amount per person: 20-40 liters. In the secondary market you can buy an old aquarium, which is usually cheap.
.Find out how to equip an Achterina terrarium:
- If you want to find a container even cheaper, you can use a plastic box. It can be a transparent storage box for food (with removable lid with round holes). In any case, make sure that it is not too small: the height should be at least 18 to 20 cm and the length of the apartment for Achatin is 20 to 30 cm. The greater the distance, the better: It is very difficult to maintain the required humidity in a small container.
- Do not leave the terrarium in direct sunlight! This is a common mistake because snails do not lie in the sun like reptiles. Different types of screws have different tolerances to drought and sunlight. Longer sun exposure (in some species only takes a few hours) leads to dehydration and death.
- First, add a substrate to the tank or carton. In adults with large snails, the Akhatin base must be deep: about 7-10 cm. You can buy in the horticultural center without impurities or loose sand. Tip: It is better to check the pH of the substrate (usually indicated on the back of the package as a small print). Suitable soils with a pH of 7.0. A soil with lower pH acidity can cause damage to the thin skin of the snail and its shell in the long run.
- If you want to use the soil from your own garden, bring worms, beetles, flies and invisible parasites into the aquarium. For this reason, it is recommended to “sterilize” the soil before placing it in a terrarium in a hot oven or in a refrigerator. The purchase of a previously treated and clean substrate, however, prevents the risk of infection. In addition to sand and earth you can use the coconut substrate, it is soft and harmless.
- Achatina snails are usually twilight or nocturnal creatures and often spend the day in hiding. Therefore, you have to set up a house for snails with your own hands, where they would feel comfortable. Broken or whole clay pots are a hidden place for snails. Some specimens prefer to hide among the stones while others dig into the ground. Observe the behavior of Achatina to determine exactly how best to equip her aquarium. Place a small saucer with water, but for small bowls it does not have to be deep so the pet does not drown.
- Even in a small terrarium you can save some living plants. Ivy, ferns and mosses are a good choice for an aquarium where humidity is high and sunlight is low. Ivy in particular is very flexible and is also suitable for small tanks.
- Ventilation and moisture in an aquarium are important, and the lid affects these processes. The more ventilation, the lower the humidity in the tank. You need to find a balance that works for your terrarium. Ventilation takes place through holes in the lid or on the sides of the tank. If the box or glass aquarium is without holes, you must make them yourself. If you use a plastic cover, the easiest way to cut off a piece of it is to create a “window”.
- It is desirable that the hole is covered with a mosquito net so as not to miss fruit flies and other small insects in the terrarium. The net should be glued outside to ensure that the cochlea does not come in contact with the adhesive. Check the floor – it should be wet, but not wet like dirt. Note: If the house is too wet for Achatina, you may need several holes. If it is too dry despite the constant splash of water, you can try to cover some of the existing holes with a plastic wrap.
- Even if it turns out to equip an aquarium for snails, it may come as a surprise that other animals settle in it. Some even benefit from it – for example earthworms. They drain the ground, eat small garbage particles and help with ventilation. They also improve the soil quality of plants and are harmless to snails and their eggs. Even if you install a very simple terrarium, you may consider adding it. Otherwise, clean land can be dispensed with, making it even better.
- It is recommended to settle in an aquarium of 10 liters or more than an Achatina. These African snails are big enough to live in cramped conditions. You can prepare a terrarium with a volume of 30 liters and run two snails there. But remember – they are rich and bring up several times a year. For the second pet it is recommended to prepare another terrarium.
Visit our homepage to see more products: champagnereef.com
Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.